MANILA HOTEL

January 19, 2016 bee. 2 Comments

MANILA HOTEL
     Last June 2015, my younger sis and I took a looooong journey to the Philippines. We booked Asiana Airlines...and that flight gave me a terrible migraine. No, not for the quality... but for the crazy delays! We were delayed 15 hours and many times (the Korean passengers were rallying like crazy!)... that when it got to Manila, we missed our flight to Legazpi. Thankfully, I've told the crew in Incheon, S. Korea (our first stop) that we have a flight and the crazy delays might make us miss it... turns out it did. So, Asiana Airlines gave us a free night at  Manila Hotel! Woot! As you see above, I'm just happy to be on the ground and having a decent bed to sleep on, I was awake 24 hours my original flight time because of procastination (hahaha :/). But I'm not really ecstatic about the quality of the photos we took... that's why it took me awhile to get this us. But you know what? Whatever! Here it is, our stay at Manila Hotel!


MANILA HOTEL
MANILA HOTEL
MANILA HOTEL
MANILA HOTEL
MANILA HOTEL
MANILA HOTEL
MANILA HOTEL
MANILA HOTEL
MANILA HOTEL
      The room itself was nice. It's comparable to the good hotels I've been to in all my troubles. But, of course, the style is very unique. The very old fashioned Philippine style? Where else can you get it other than Manila Hotel itself?

MANILA HOTEL
      The pool area closes at 10pm, which is nice for a night swim or just chilling like my sis and I did that one night we were there.

MANILA HOTEL | Cafe Ilang-Ilang
MANILA HOTEL | Cafe Ilang-Ilang
MANILA HOTEL | Cafe Ilang-Ilang 
     We had dinner and breakfast at the resident restaurant of the hotel, Cafe Ilang-Ilang. They serve a big variety of food, from Filipino to Korean. All of which taste sooooo good! Plus, they have a beautiful display for their desserts (including so many kinds of Macarons) which isn't pictured here in my blog.

MANILA HOTEL
MANILA HOTEL
MANILA HOTEL
MANILA HOTEL
MANILA HOTEL
      To fully utilize our stay, we woke up very early to enjoy the rest of the hotel's amenities. And this is the women's locker room which was on top of the gym. My sis took her time in the indoor jacuzzi while I worked out in the gym. The place is pretty high tech for such an oldies themed place!


MANILA HOTEL
MANILA HOTEL
After my time in the gym and my sister in the jacuzzi, we went for a 10 minute swim... after which we rushed back to the hotel room, showered, rushed to get breakfast, packed and leave that morning!

MANILA HOTEL
MANILA HOTEL
      Right before we left the hotel... we were such in a rush! We were actually an hour behind our call time, but still posed for a few pictures! It was great having to experience the stay at that wonderful hotel. The staff was wonderful (someone delivered us free chocolate, too!). And the place itself is beautiful with access to great amenities! And being delayed several hours and numerously, we really deserved that stay. Thanks and no thanks to Asiana Airlines!

I had part of our adventure compiled into a vlog! You'll understand the flow of our trip more... so watch it here:
Thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. Manila Hotel is so fancy. It is so nice that you had a great time staying there too. And the breakfast is just so delightful, it is making me hungry. Hihi.

    Spices + Everything Nice | www.ajeinomoto.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it is such a nice hotel! Dinner was even better :)

      Delete

Thanks for the love! <3