Maybelline Superstay 24HR Makeup Foundation.
|Maybelline Superstay 24HR. Makeup Foundation in True Beige.|
- Stays comfortable and looks naturally flawless all day
- Micro-Flex formula provides 24-hour wear and no transfer
- Withstands heat, sweat and humidity
- Oil-free, dermatologist-tested, fragrance-free
- Suitable for all skin types
Description from here.
Why I love it:
- Good coverage. Can be built up for full coverage.
- Not watery. Not extremely thick.
- Lasts me all day (7am till the evening!).
- Withstands heat, sweat, humidity.
- Not drying. No dry patches. No cakey-ness.
- Natural look.
- Affordable. About $10 or less.
- No breakouts.
- Easy to blend.
What I don't like:
- Needs a pump.
- It feels creamy on the skin. Not necessarily bad, but I prefer the light-weight feel of the Revlon Colorstay foundation compared to this.
- Oil control is average. You'll blot in a few hours but not to the point of greasiness or anything disgusting.
- Not available in the Philippines.
- It almost seem to match my current color but it's still too light for me.
|Swatch: Maybelline Superstay 24HR Makeup Foundation in True Beige.|
My mom introduced this to me when I was in the Philippines... She sent the shade in NUDE. I even have a picture of this in my old blog, as well! I made a switch from Nude to True Beige when I went home for vacation last October 2010.
This was basically my to-go-to-foundation in the Philippines. When I feel like I want to look flawless, I skipped the BB cream and I would use this back then. I'm oily and I sweat a lot but this stayed on my face all throughout the day. I also used this when I have dance performances, it did not smear or melt during or after. And currently, out of all the foundations I tried here in the U.S. my sisters found no problem with this at all (they're hardcore critics, by the way). Now I think about it, I'm starting to detest my curiosity to try other products... maybe that's why I'm breaking out so bad at the moment.
These were taken when I was doing a review for the Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Liner (read here). I used the Maybelline Superstay foundation to take pictures...
Pictures taken by my sister, Roxx Luzada.
I would definitely repurchase! But in the shade that actually suits me at the moment, of course!