ATELIER (aka UNDERWEAR) on NETFLIX!

December 15, 2015 bee. 0 Comments

ATELIER (UNDERWEAR) TV Series on NETFLIX.
     It's really rare for me to get into watching new tv shows lately and my reason could either be I can be stubborn like that or I get very anxious with the drama of the show itself, haha! Anyways, just the other day, my sister decided to to invite me to watch this new series on Netflix called Atelier. It was one of the first Japanese shows that is branded a Netflix Original... and it was all about fashion. If you have been reading my blog lately, every fashion-related post is mostly something about the Japanese. So, when she asked, I almost readily agreed... and wow, I have no regrets! If you like anything fashion and along the lines of the movie, "The Devil Wears Prada". Check it out!

ATELIER (UNDERWEAR) TV Series on NETFLIX.

Synopsis:
Tokita Mayuko unexpectedly finds a job with ’emotion’, an order-made luxury lingerie brand in Ginza. The company president, Nanjo Mayumi, is an icon who has led the Japanese lingerie industry since the brand was established 25 years ago and her staff work with pride. Mayuko experiences confusion in a world with a new set of values different from any she has ever known in the countryside where she comes from. But she gradually falls under the spell of her job and grows with the help of the people around her.
Description taken from here.

ATELIER (UNDERWEAR) TV Series on NETFLIX.
My thoughts:
     A wonderful step up from the "Devil's Wears Prada"! It actually consists of more realistic scenarios and is more detailed. It also doesn't only focus on one person's struggle. The show tackles creativity, inspiration, passion, pride, ambition and determination. You will laugh and cry (I cried really hard!). Plus, the cinematography, direction, and acting skills of the actors are really good! You won't wonder why Netflix decided to obtain this Japanese drama... it's a marvelous show! It, honestly, made me respect lingerie more and I can't help but feel fascinated by it, haha. But seriously, this is a must watch for everyone who loves fashion or maybe looking for some inspiration to light up your passion for your work. I finished the series the other day... in less than two days (two evenings to be precise). I couldn't stop watching! 

Watch the trailer here:
I actually couldn't find an English trailer... but wow, I just found out that this show is called "Underwear" in Japan. while it is "Atelier" in the US.


By the way, Mirei Kiritani (Mayuko Tokita) is so pretty! And she looks like my favorite AKB48 girls in certain angles (Mi-chan , Paruru, Sayanee, and Takamina), hehe. 
ATELIER (UNDERWEAR) TV Series on NETFLIX.
Thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Thanks for the love! <3