A Day in Korea with the Korea Free Transit Tour!
I know I might be working backwards, but I'll start off my travel posts with right before my return to the U.S. and right after my three-week vacation in the Philippines last month. Yup, I "visited" Korea! Well, it was a quick one considering it was a layover for a couple of hours. Thankfully, Asiana Airlines (our flight carrier), the Korea Free Transit Tour (the wonderful tour program), the Incheon Transit tour (tour agency) & Incheon Airport has made it so bearable for travelers! How? They had free tours available for the stranded visitors! You can watch our vlog and read on to see what happened!
Here's the pamphlet for reference!
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour |
We had to report to the Transit tour main desk (as seen in the photo above) to get the tours started. First, we had to pay $10 each (or in our case we paid 10,000 Korean Won each because we actually changed our extra Pesos into Won). $3 for the palace entrance fee and $7 for lunch. Not bad at all, but there goes the "free tour" promise. But seriously, I'm not complaining! On to the tour!
Tour Number 1: Yonggungsa Temple
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Yonggungsa Temple |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Yonggungsa Temple |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Yonggungsa Temple |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Yonggungsa Temple |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Yonggungsa Temple |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Yonggungsa Temple | Zelkova Tree |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Yonggungsa Temple |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Yonggungsa Temple |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Yonggungsa Temple |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Yonggungsa Temple |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Yonggungsa Temple |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Yonggungsa Temple |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Yonggungsa Temple |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Yonggungsa Temple |
Tour Number 2: Seoul City Tour
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Seoul City Tour |
Stop A: Changdeokgung Palace
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Seoul City Tour | Changdeokgung Palace |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Seoul City Tour | Changdeokgung Palace |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Seoul City Tour | Changdeokhung Palace |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Seoul City Tour | Changdeokgung Palace |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Seoul City Tour | Changdeokgung Palace |
Stop B: Jongyesa Temple
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Seoul City Tour | Jogyesa Temple |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Seoul City Tour | Jogyesa Temple |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Seoul City Tour | Jogyesa Temple |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Seoul City Tour | Jogyesa Temple |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Seoul City Tour | Jogyesa Temple |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Seoul City Tour | Jogyesa Temple |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Seoul City Tour | Jogyesa Temple |
Stop C: Insadong Street
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Seoul City Tour | Insadong Street |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Seoul City Tour | Insadong Street |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Seoul City Tour | Insadong Street |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Seoul City Tour | Insadong Street | Kimchi Villege |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Seoul City Tour | Insadong Street | Kimchi Villege |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Seoul City Tour | Insadong Street | Kimchi Villege |
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour | Seoul City Tour | Insadong Street | Kimchi Villege |
I picked Meal #1, Bibimbap.
After our meal, my sister and I went around and shopped at The Face Shop. Then, on our way back to the airport, I can't help but fall asleep in the bus. I already lacked sleep from preparing to leave Legazpi, traveling from Legazpi to Manila and the layover is Manila before leaving for Korea. I was extremely tired. this is why I didn't vlog or take more pictures until much later. That was our last tour even if we could have gone to the "Seoul Shopping Tour" wherein we would be able to go to Myeongdong (one of Korea's premier shopping locations), but we just wanted to freshen up and get settled for another 12 hour flight. To sum it up, Gabby and I immediately checked back in the airport, headed up to the 4th floor to shower (yup, they got showers for travelers to use with soap & towels), shopped at Duty Free (will share later), and went to the food court.
| Incheon Airport Food Court |
| Incheon Airport Food Court |
| Incheon Airport Food Court |
They got the best Tonkatsu!!!! I had mine in curry, but I picked the spicy one. When they spicy, it is super spicy!!! But it's so good, I didn't care at all and finished it all. Mine was 6,500 Korean Won & Gabby's was 12,000 Korean Won. It amounted to almost 20,000 Korean Won or $20. I said in the video that it was expensive, but now I returned to the US... I take it back. The food was large in portions and so delicious! Plus, it was a total of $20 for two people, which is not bad at all especially considering how good the food was.
It was hard to be like the super fancy bloggers on this trip because the whole trip was extra tiring. I should have taken more pictures and videos of the tour and even the airport! Yup, even the airport was so pretty! I feel regretful, but it was just really hard. My brain was scattered from lack of sleep and exhaustion. But despite all the long layovers & delays from Asiana Airlines, the airport and the free tours certainly made up for it. There's actually more to it than the tours to keep you occupied. Check out the picture below for more stuff you can do while you're there!
| Korea Free Transit Tour | Incheon Transit Tour |
South Korea is definitely working double time in making their country a tourist's dream. They made sure that their new airport is tourist-friendly and push their culture out there. I wish more airports would be this accommodating to travelers!
If you want to see for yourself how this tour went, watch our vlog!
You can read more about the Korea Free Transit Tour offered by Incheon Airport via Asiana Airlines here.
Visit the Facebook of Incheon Transit Tour here.
Thanks for reading!
11 Comments
Hello! Would you happen to remember if it's possible to separate from the transit tour group after the 5-hour free trip? (I have a 20-hour layover D:)
ReplyDeleteYou're not really assigned to the same group, it all depends on what you sign up for. If you have different tours which you signed up for, they return you to the airport for each one. So, you can't really separate from the group... unless they give you time to look around... unless, you want to be left behind? You can try going out on your own, but the tours are free and you only have to pay for the food and the shopping you do!
Deleteseoulful escape from incheon.
ReplyDeleteHello.I have a 14 hr lay over.Do you know if they allow to bring the wheeled carry on on the tour?Also,is it easy to communicate with them in english? Lastly, do you know if they take credit card for the tour payment? Thank you! I watched the vlog and enjoyed it!Excited for my upcoming trip.Hope you can share more tips :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for only replying now! I hope you had fun on your trip! If you haven't gone yet... Yes, they speak English and the tour is free! Although there may be a lunch fee which isn't expensive, we just went on and had our money changed for the tour lunch and for purchasing stuff at the tour. Thanks for dropping!
DeleteIm planning to do the free tours too. Did you guys come back exactly as the indicated tour time? Like if it says 9-2pm, were you guys at the airport exactly 2pm?
ReplyDeletehello! sorry for only replying now! Yes! They're awesome with timing especially when it was just my sister and I. But, hopefully, no one gets lost on your tour and delay your return trip. Thanks for visiting!
DeleteHii I was wondering if someone can still go on the tour if they only have a green card instead of a passport, and also great video!
ReplyDeleteHi, just want to know if Korean visa is not needed for this tour anymore. We'll be travelling to the US via Asiana Airlines too and I was wondering if we can have this tour even if we do not apply for a Korean visa. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteHi! I just want to know if you have an american passport or philippine passport.. wondering if I have to get visa before my flight or not. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteThe greater be counted of Free subscribers you've got, the more you can consistently acquire excessive perspectives on your videos which not directly leads to money era. SignUp at ytbpals.Com without spending a dime YouTube subscribers and find out about armslist tri cities fireamrms classified armlist now.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the love! <3