E.L.F. Studio 27 Piece Mini Makeup Collection: Initial Review.
|E.L.F. Studio 27 Piece Mini Makeup Collection.|
Our portable, chic Professional Makeup Collection lets you enjoy the ultimate freedom that comes with doing your own personal makeovers whenever, wherever! This all-in-one compact includes all the must-have makeup essentials to create any look that suits your mood and your style.
With everything you need - eyeshadow, blush, lip gloss, bronzer, eyeliner, eyebrow and even applicators – it’s the perfect, travel-sized, Professional Makeup Kit that you can take anywhere you go!
The Studio 27 Piece Mini Makeup Collection includes:
- 9 Eyeshadow Shades
- 1 Cream Eyeshadow Shade
- 1 Blush
- 1 Bronzer
- 10 Lip Gloss Shades
- 1 Brow Powder
- 1 Eye Liner Pencil
- 1 Dual-ended Eyeshadow Applicator
- 1 Face Brush
- 1 Small Precision Lip Brush
Product description taken from here.
What you see as soon as you open it.
After sliding open the first compartments.
When fully opened.
A closer look...
What I like:
- You've got everything you'd need for applying makeup on the go or for retouching.
- The eyeshadow colors have your basic day & night variation.
- Ten lip gloss shades to choose from!
- The brushes are not "prickly" at all.
- The packaging is black and chic
- It has a big mirror.
- Not heavy at all.
What I don't like:
- The lip brush and face brush are tiny! It may force you to use your fingers instead.
- The face brush handle was poorly made.
- The blush and bronzer palette is somewhat small for your regular brushes.
- When moving the palette, the applicators and the eyeliner rattles about.
- The sliding mechanism doesn't work a 100% smoothly and feels somewhat fragile (open with caution just to be sure).
- The plastic cover comes off and sticks to the mirror. It would be nice if there was an actual cover to protect the products when you use the mirror only, for example.
- It's a bit chunky to fit my makeup bag.
- I don't see this sold in drugstores, so it's most likely sold only at the E.L.F website. As for in the Philippines, I don't think it's available there either.
What I say:
I think $15 is a little too much, but the E.L.F. website always have sales/discounts going on, so you could probably score this for much cheaper if you wait at the right moment.
I feel like a set like this is probably better left to those who are starting out with makeup and people who like to pack light when traveling.
Despite all the downsides, I find this palette pretty cool and I very much like it! I'd like to thank BettyC16 from Youtube for holding a contest that allowed me the chance to win this! Check out what else I won from her here.
I feel like a complete review on this in one post is too much, so watch out for my new post on this with swatches and an in-depth review.
Xin Nian Kuai Le!
[ Happy New Year in Mandarin ]