HBC Exclusive: San San Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Black

February 08, 2013 bee. 0 Comments

HBC Exclusive: San San Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Black.


Hey Guys!
So this is a review on an eyeliner I picked up from my long vacation in the Philippines last year. Enjoy the review!

What it is:
Felt-tip liquid eyeliner pen which is said to be waterproof and contains Vitamins A, C, & E.

HBC Exclusive: San San Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Black.


What I like:
  • The felt-tip pen design eases the application of eyeliner.
  • Very affordable for only P85.
  • Available at HBC outlets which I think every major city has an outlet or more (in Albay, there is one located in Centro Daraga by LCC & one in Metro Gaisano in Legazpi City).

HBC Exclusive: San San Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Black.


What I don't like:
  • It came off when I wore this during a Taekwondo class when I sweat a lot. In other words, not waterproof.
  • Not smudge-proof.
  • You can't get a long stroke of this product out. You either need to press hard on the tip or work in very short strokes to create a good solid line. 
  • As the eyeliner dries up on my eyelid, I notices the color disappearing a little and the product becomes flaky.
  • Only 2 ml per tube.

Swatches...
HBC Exclusive: San San Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Black [Swatches]
1- one swatch. 2-t wo swatches. 3- three swatches 4- rubbed with finger. 5- rubbed lightly with a wet finger.


Final thoughts:
I really wanted to like this which I did... until it came running off as soon as I started sweating. At the end of class, I had little black spots where my eyeliner used to be on my eyelid. Living in the Philippines, I do tend to sweat a lot in addition to my oily skin and so I can already tell that even in the country in which this was produced in, it will definitely not work out for me. On the bright side, I can see this working great for beginners for practice since it is very easy to clean off.

San San Liquid Age Defense Black
I do remember liking a liquid eyeliner for San San, though. I think I purchased and used up two tubes of it during my college days. Check out the San San Liquid Age Defense Black if you want to find a liquid eyeliner from the same brand that could work.


Product picture taken from here.



I just found out right now that I had a mini review on this product way back in the day! Excuse the poor blogging and photography skills... but hey, I had to start somewhere right? LOL. 

Check out my initial review on this product along with two other San San babies from 2011 here:


Thanks for reading!
<(^_^)>

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Thanks for the love! <3