The First of JPOP SATURDAYS: AKB48 Team Surprise & Create a Song Project [Phase 1]

August 30, 2014 bee. 0 Comments

 AKB48 Team Surprise (2014)
If you haven't noticed yet, I've obviously been going crazy over Japanese pop!
I've been obessesing over Kpop too much over the years that I, sadly, overlooked other pop music fandoms. I'm glad I found AKB48, I had no idea how big and awesome they were! But better late than never, I am in looooooove!

So AKB48, is a girl group with a lot of members, divisions into groups (Group A, Group K, Group B, Group 4, & Group 8), sister groups (SKE48, NMB48, JKT48, HKT48 which depends on their prefecture), and trainees of each of the girl groups. That's a lot of girls! Plus, they're the idols you can meet! Not like the high and mighty Kpop stars, these girls are more reachable! Anyways, out of all their girls, they plucked out the best or most wanted to form "Team Surprise"!


"新"チームサプライズ メンバー紹介ムービー / AKB48[公式] by AKB48.

Members of Team Surprise (2014)   
Team A: Kojima Haruna, Shimazaki Haruka, Takahashi Minami
    Team K: Kitahara Rie, Yokoyama Yui
    Team B: Kashiwagi Yuki, Takajo Aki, Watanabe Mayu
    Team 4: Minegishi Minami
    Team E: Matsui Rena
    Team N: Yamamoto Sayaka
    Team BII: Watanabe Miyuki
    Team H: Sashihara Rino
    Graduated: Itano Tomomi, Oshima Yuko, Shinoda Mariko

When I saw this video pop up in my youtube subscription list, I was intrigued. I thought to myself, of course Takamina, Haruna, Mayuyu, and Sashi would be there. I was pleasantly surprised when Minegeshi was announced, but I was violently screaming with overflowing happiness when the grads, Mariko, Tomochin, and (freshly released from the group) Yuko was revealed! I never thought I would see these girls perform together again!!!!! I wish they had Acchan, though! Then, I woul probably have died of extreme shock and joy! Haha!

Just last week, the AKB48 channel released the preview of their single.
「未来が目にしみる」TVCM 30秒ver./AKB48[公式] by AKB48.

 It sounds like another inspirational song with some nice choreography. But, I was looking for something more like the epic-ness of Beginner. I mean, in a rare opportunity to see most of the original 6 together, why not go all out??! I am still looking forward to the release of their song, though. If I am not mistaken, it will be of September 6!


 Right when you thought that was it, AKB48 has something super exciting for fans!
 AKB48 Team Surprise (2014) | "Create a Song" Project
Team Surprise is giving a chance to their fans to choose their next single and how they shall execute it! You'll need to add AKB48 in Line in order to exercise your power! Look them up under media for Japanese accounts.


At the moment we are at Phase 1!

We have to choose to which melody will Team Surprise be performing to!

I found a ready-made playlist with all the songs, too!

My review on the Melodies:
  • Melody A - It has an old school feel. I imagine cute choreo to this. But neither choreo nor melody has the impact I would like Team Surprise to emit.
  • Melody B - Sounds like a song with some drama. 
  • Melody C - Do I hear rock? Definitely upbeat and has some potential in a good choreo.
  • Melody D - Super cutesy but a faster rhythm. But, I'm looking for something more hard hitting. They just release "Kokoro no Placard"!
  • Melody E - Sounds good, but I feel like they've done something like this before.
  • Melody F - Cutesy on hyper mode! This is a good contender for my pick!
  • Melody G - Techno and rock mixed together for a very intense feel! I can already see an equally intense choreo to pair with this song.
  • Melody H - Sounds like a fast paced sad song? Does that make sense? Haha.

Can you already tell what I'm aiming for???
I love AKB48 for their variety. Unlike other girl groups, they can go to hip-hop and rock. I'm just hoping for more of that variety from them right now! 

Don't they look so refreshing in their green gogo outfits? Hehe.
Go on Line and vote wisely!
 AKB48 Team Surprise (2014) | "Create a Song" Project
Thanks for reading!
<(^_^)>

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Thanks for the love! <3