ANIME EXPO 2015
| Anime Expo 2015 |
Wow. It's officially the first of August and this post is almost a month late. Well, it's only been a month and that's not too bad considering I take more time in the usual, haha! This has been my 3rd year attending the biggest anime convention in the US and it was been different from the first two times. I worked as a reporter for VKH-Press and it definitely was a unique experience. I already have bought a pass the year before, but because of work, I was provided with a Press Pass which pretty much gave me VIP access. I wish we brought one more person, it was a waste of a badge money, lol. This post is a mixture of my instagram pix and dslr pics, so pardon the quality. And yes, ANDREA is my real name... just saying. Read on to see how it went for me.
DAY 0: July 1, 2015
| Westin Bonaventure |
| Westin Bonaventure |
| Westin Bonaventure |
After work, we checked in our hotel, The Residence Inn LA Live by Marriot.
I was really tired because right before arriving for the interview, we travelled 3+ hours to get to LA and I lacked so much sleep.
I was really tired because right before arriving for the interview, we travelled 3+ hours to get to LA and I lacked so much sleep.
| Residence Inn LA Live by Marriott |
Just chillin!
| Residence Inn LA Live by Marriott |
DAY 1: July 2, 2015
Color of the Day: Neon Green.
Before heading out to the convention.
| Anime Expo 2015 | Shinya x h.NAOTO |
After that morning of work, we returned to the hotel and apparently I fell asleep and stayed asleep the whole afternoon... I was that tired. I guess the pressure when facing famous people is that intense, haha.
DAY 2: July 3, 2015
| Residence Inn LA Live by Marriott |
Color of the Day: Neon Orange!
Ready to perform for CLUB LOLLIPOP at the K-POP DANCE BATTLE!
| Anime Expo 2015 | The Survey Corps Dance Team |
We actually head over to the community hall to watch The Survey Corps Dance Team's performance! We were a little late, but their routine was 30 mins long , so we still had a lot to see. But then again, there were so many people... it was hard to see! I wish they had a better stage! And oh, we met their director, dressed as AOT's Hanji, and my dance crush, dressed as Levi. I still get the feels! Teehee!
We then rush to the K-Pop Dance Battle and sadly, Club Lollipop didn't make it to the next round. The groups were more intense this year and we noticed that they prefer more hard-hitting style of dances. So, the sexy-style Club Lollipop is out the door. But it's okay, we don't focus on k-pop anymore actually and the same time, we don't expect much. We're just happy that they still picked us because there are apparently some people who weren't chosen or waitlisted. Being there is with such a talented batch of dancers was enough.
| Anime Expo 2015 | Fashion Show | Junnyan | Kimura U |
DAY 3; July 4, 2015
| Residence Inn LA Live by Marriott |
After the contest, I immediately went back to the hotel and took a long nap. When I woke up, I chilled at the pool. By midnight, we got ready to go rave at the convention.
Cosplayers at LA Live! I've been so busy with work or contests, I didn't even have pictures with cosplayers!
| Anime Expo 2015 |
| Anime Expo 2015 |
Sweaty but happy!
Day 4, July 5, 2015
| Anime Expo 2015 |
| Anime Expo 2015 |
| Anime Expo 2015 |
| Anime Expo 2015 |
| Anime Expo 2015 |
| Anime Expo 2015 |
| Anime Expo 2015 |
| Anime Expo 2015 |
| Anime Expo 2015 | KOKOkim |
| Anime Expo 2015 | galaxxxy |
| Anime Expo 2015 | Liz Lisa |
| Anime Expo 2015 | h.NAOTO |
| Anime Expo 2015 | Culture Japan |
If you see people on the top in the empty hallway, that was where I was, the VIP hall!
Returning to the hotel, we always have to pass here, LA Live. So pretty right?
And back to the hotel to pick up our stuff and go home!
This year's Anime Expo was definitely interesting. I didn't enjoy it like a usual attendee did, but it was nice being able to enjoy VIP perks & meet fashionistas. I think I need more patience in taking pictures and/or a smaller camera. I'll work on it.
See my latest post on the Residence Inn LA Live by Marriott here.
Check out my official interview piece with Junnyan here.
Check out my official interview piece with h.NAOTO here.
| Residence Inn LA Live by Marriott |
This year's Anime Expo was definitely interesting. I didn't enjoy it like a usual attendee did, but it was nice being able to enjoy VIP perks & meet fashionistas. I think I need more patience in taking pictures and/or a smaller camera. I'll work on it.
See my latest post on the Residence Inn LA Live by Marriott here.
Check out my official interview piece with Junnyan here.
Check out my official interview piece with h.NAOTO here.
Thanks for reading!
2 Comments
gosh the hotel looks incredible! x
ReplyDeleteHannah | Heyitshannaah
Yes, it is!
DeleteThanks for the love! <3