Top 12 for 2012.

January 03, 2013 bee. 4 Comments


Hey guys!

If you've been following my blog for a year now, you'd know that I've done the same concept before 2011 ended, my Top 11 for 2011! But now it's 2012, I get to add one more slot to my list of favorites for the whole year of 2012. Let me share them with you in no particular order...



1. E.L.F. Studio 27 Piece Mini Makeup Collection.
It has eyeshadows, lip colors, blush, bronzer & eyebrow powder! Good quality & great for travel! This was my only palette during my 3 month stay in the Philippines. It served me well then and still continues to do so. Check the initial review & swatches post for more information.

2. Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer in Tan.
HG material for more product in such an afforadble price! It is able to stay on my face despite the heat, sweat, & humidity when I was in the Philippines. And stays on great even here in the US. I use this all the time!

3. Palladio Herbal Eyeliner in Pure Black.
Used the Revlon & Rimmel gel eyeliners but they didn't work out for me. This on the other hand is smooth enough in application & stayed on well enough despite me sweating too much during Taekwondo class.

4. The Doft Eu de Toilette in Dawn.
My scent of the year! This is a replica of a perfume from Escada (though I forgot which one). Smells sweet, sunny & fun... gave me a distinct & lovely smell that lasted for hours even in the hot summer of the Philippines.

5. Revlon Colorstay Foundation (Combination/Oily Skin) in 340 Early Tan.
Do not like this here in the US but it was so amazing in the Philippines that it made this list! Love the coverage & how beautiful it stayed on my face despite the summer heat!

6. MAC Studiofix Powder Foundation in NC43.
This is on it's second year running for my yearly favorites! Again, amazing coverage, smooth & doesn't fade away quickly even if no primer has been applied prior to this. Check this post for more info!

7. Skin79 Super+ Beblesh Balm BB Cream Triple Functions.
I may have disliked this when I used this in my 2011 summer in Chicago because of it's tendency to accentuate my flakiness but man oh man! My sisters & I loved this during our stay in the Philippines! No flakiness just very good coverage, oil control, & can withstand the summer heat. I had to crack the baby open just to get all the product inside!

8. MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural in Medium Deep.
Very smooth & fine powder that goes well with any BB Cream I use. This darker powder combats the white cast those BB Creams give me plus it serves as a good setting powder & does help with oil control. Click here for an in-depth review.

9. Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Lipstick in no. 12.
My lippie of the year! This is a reddish-orange color which suited the color of 2012 which was Tangerine Tango. I love how it is a step up from my usual orange lipstick color and adds that wow factor to my makeup look. The lisptick itself wasn't drying and does last awhile on my lips. I feel confident & bold with this lippie, so it's become my favorite!


10. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original.
A must have for this year especially during my long vacation. If the humidity wasn't going to kill my eye makeup, the sweat will! It was ao good that my eye makeup didn't come off easily when I went for a swim in our trip to Plantation Bay, Cebu! 

11. Klik Nailpolish in Neon Pink.
Finally found my favorite nailpolish color again! Though this is a different brand, it doesn't stain my nails yellow like most Filipino-made ones (except for Sassy Colors) and it doesn't chip that quick either.

12. MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer in NC35.
My hardcore concealer that I use for special occasions. Smooth application, great coverage, great staying power, and natural looking.


Most of these products are new, so please stay tuned for a thorough review on them!

These were the stand-out products for the year of 2012!
What are your Top 12 of 2012?

Thanks for reading!
<(^_^)>

You Might Also Like

4 comments:

  1. Just saw your blog! More power to you! Followed you, hope you could follow back? :)

    Creativity Comes from the Soul

    ReplyDelete
  2. also recently posted my top picks for 2012, and Mac studio fix powder plus foundation is in there too. ^_^
    http://redberryaha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I saw it! Thanks for dropping by! <3

      Delete

Thanks for the love! <3