Goodbye 2013!

January 12, 2014 bee. 0 Comments


Yes, I am barefoot in the pic above.
My feet were dying wearing those heels all night at the Taeyang concert in SF. But despite the pain, I had a lot of fun with them on... just had to take them off on the way home tho! LOL. Like that, 2013 has been a wonderful year! Tiring yet definitely wonderful! It was full of so many experiences, I never thought I'd get to do! 

Let me show you the highlights with my instagram posts!

1. KPOP M.V.P.

Finally got to meet one of my dance idol, Aimee Lee Lucas! She taught a class in a city nearby and I took a chance to learn from her, as well! Read on here.

2. PUCK'D
From acting class, I got pulled out to choreograph for the fairies of our modern day production of "A Mid Summer Night's Dream". I had so much fun doing this (despite my initial thoughts) and little did I know what doors these opened for me later that year. Read on.

3. FILMING
I took a class on video editing and I fell in love! I took my final project up a notch and made it pretty... turns out my professor loved it and urged me to upload it on youtube. The next day, the Korean Cultural Center of Washington, DC opened a national contest catering to Kpop. I entered and won 3rd place! Cool huh?! Check my project out.

4. ANIME EXPO 2013
At the biggest anime convention in the USA! So many awesome cosplayers! I was able to meet Jpop stars, too! Read more here.

5. AX DANCE COMPETITION
First time I competed for purely KPOP with the experience was even better because of the supportive crowd! Move over here.


6. JPOP SUMMIT
Went up to Japan Town in SF to support my lil sis in the Jpop cover competition and ended up indulging more on Jpop by seeing legit superstars perform, also!

7. WORLD OF DANCE with CHOREOLOGY
If you're into dance, this is the event you must be at! I saw Brian Puspos, Ian Eastwood, Megan Batoon, the Poreotics, Philippine All Stars, Mos Wanted and many more! I also competed with my dance team and earned 2nd place! Great and unforgettable experience! Read on here.

9. KCON
The convention of everything my fangirldom needs! I saw my first KPOP love Danny Im aka TAEBIN of 1TYM and the former After School member (who is also my absolute favorite from the group), Bekah! And my lil sis got to sing to them! I also took a kpop dance class from Aimee Lee Lucan (again), & attend my first beauty workshop! I got to see F(x), Dynamic Duo, Crayon Pop, Henry, Teen Top, EXO (my new bias!), and G-Dragon perform, too! I need to blog about this... wahhh! :(


10. DANCE CLASSES
So at the beginning  of the year, I've went to Aimee's class just to meet her. And honestly, it's either I've learned from youtube, Kpop, or made dances on my own... I never had learned from pros before. This was during one Monday Night Workshop when Jeka Jane taught!



11. CHOREOSUPREMACY
After Choreology moved on, ChoreoSupremacy was born. It's great to be continually challenged by such dance enthusiasts!



12. TAEYANG in SAN FRANCISCO
Probably one of my biggest highlight... the chance to see Taeyang up close at an intimate concert in SF. He was amazing, by the way. Read on the amazing night here.

13. AN ADULT EVENING OF SHEL SILVERSTEIN
I was given another chance to choreograph for another theater production, but this time with a few of my members from dance club!

14. HARTNELL COLLEGE DANCE CLUB TALENT SHOW 2013
The event I organized as the president of the Hartnell College Dance Club. Very fulfilling moment... I gave a chance to "non-dancers" to perform for an audience. The road to this day was long and rocky, I'm so proud to have this happen!


I feel like there's a lot more I need to include here, but I probably need to keep it short for you all. TEEHEE. Literally, this year wore me out! But I feel truly blessed for all the beautiful experiences and I'm hoping more from 2014!


Thanks for reading!
<(^_^)>

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Thanks for the love! <3